Shalom and Welcome to Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim
Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim (KKBE) is more than just a house of worship. We are a vibrant, inclusive and caring congregational family. KKBE is committed to providing opportunities for practicing Reform Judaism in an atmosphere of serenity, warmth, mutual acceptance and historical significance. Founded in 1749 as a Sephardic Orthodox congregation, in 1841, Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim--also known as KKBE--was firmly committed to the path of religious Reform Judaism. Our sanctuary is the second oldest synagogue building in the United States and the oldest in continuous use. We invite you to experience for yourself KKBE’s rich past and vibrant present. Parking is usually available nearby at Charleston Place Garage on Hasell Street, the Wentworth Street Parking Garage and at the City of Charleston: Wentworth Street Garage.
Funded in part by the Addlestone/Regenbogen Families Adult Education Fund and the Sisterhood of KKBE
Click HERE for the 2014/2015 Religious School registration form.
To make a donation please CLICK on the
- Friday, October 3 - Kol Nidre at 6 pm and 8:15 pm - 90 Hasell St.
~Morning Service at 10:30 am - Memminger Auditorium
- Saturday, October 4 - Yom Kippur
~Panel Discussion at 1:45 pm - 90 Hasell St. (Freudenberg Board Room)
~Family Service at 2:30 pm - 90 Hasell St.
~Afternoon Healing Service at 3:30 pm - 90 Hasell St
~Yizkor & Ne'ilah Services at 4:30 pm - 90 Hasell St
~Break-the-Fast following Havdalah hosted by Lois Sugarman and crew
- Wednesday, October 8 at 5:45 pm - Sukkot Service followed by our Sukk-Out. The main course and drinks will be provided. We ask that everyone bring a side dish or dessert to serve 8 people. Click here to register!
- Saturday, October 11 at 5:30 pm - Young Family Sukkot Celebration with Picnic and Havdallah. Celebrate Sukkot with a picnic and fun activities for little ones with Rabbi Terkel and Hannah! We'll decorate the sukkah together, have a picnic outside, and mark the end of Shabbat with a musical Havdallah Service. RSVP by clicking here.
- Wednesday, October 15 at 7 pm- Join your KKBE Family as we sing and dance with the Torah! We’ll unroll an entire Torah Scroll, noting the most special and inspiring passages. Kids are encouraged to bring and wave flags made at home or in Religious School. Flag Categories ~ Best representation of a Torah Story ~Best use of recycled goods ~The softest (Be Creative! but NO Glitter, Please)
- Wednesday, October 22 at 7:30 pm - Rabbi Stephanie Alexander joins Rabbis Adam Rosenbaum and Moshe Davis in this bi-annual event sponsored by the College of Charleston Yaschik/Arnold Jewish Studies Program. Check out their brochure here.
- Thursday, October 23 at 7pm - Adult Education Program "How to Be a Mensch"
- Thursday, October 30 at 7pm - Adult Education Program "Wandering in the Wilderness"