Shalom and Welcome to Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim
Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim (KKBE) is more than just a house of worship. We are a vibrant, inclusive and caring congregational family. KKBE is committed to providing opportunities for practicing Reform Judaism in an atmosphere of serenity, warmth, mutual acceptance and historical significance. Founded in 1749 as a Sephardic Orthodox congregation, in 1841, Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim--also known as KKBE--was firmly committed to the path of religious Reform Judaism. Our sanctuary is the second oldest synagogue building in the United States and the oldest in continuous use. We invite you to experience for yourself KKBE’s rich past and vibrant present. Parking is usually available nearby at Charleston Place Garage on Hasell Street, the Wentworth Street Parking Garage and at the City of Charleston: Wentworth Street Garage.
To make a donation please CLICK on the
- Friday, March 7 First Friday Congregational Dinner at 5:30 and Shabbat Service at 7 pm ~ Reservations for the Dinner are closed
Led by: Robin Shuler
- Saturday, March 8 Tot Shabbat at 10 am for ages 0-10 years of age
- Saturday, March 15 Megillah Reading & Purim Party at Synagogue Eman-El at 8 pm ~ RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, March 16 KKBE Purim Celebration at 11:30 Click here for more info
- Sunday, March 23 Brotherhood Stingrays outing, RSVP by March 9 to Louis Kaufman at email@example.com
- Thursday, March 27 Three Rabbi Panel Click here for more info
- Saturday, March 28 A Virtual Evening With Sid Caesar at 7 pm in the Meddin Room ~ $3/pp, RSVP by Monday, March 25. Click here to register.
First Night Seder Match Form (Monday, April 14)
KKBE is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Click the link below to shop.