Shalom and Welcome to Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim
Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim (KKBE) is more than just a house of worship. We are a vibrant, inclusive and caring congregational family. KKBE is committed to providing opportunities for practicing Reform Judaism in an atmosphere of serenity, warmth, mutual acceptance and historical significance. Founded in 1749 as a Sephardic Orthodox congregation, in 1841, Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim--also known as KKBE--was firmly committed to the path of religious Reform Judaism. Our sanctuary is the second oldest synagogue building in the United States and the oldest in continuous use. We invite you to experience for yourself KKBE’s rich past and vibrant present. Parking is usually available nearby at Charleston Place Garage on Hasell Street, the Wentworth Street Parking Garage and at the City of Charleston: Wentworth Street Garage.
Funded in part by the Addlestone/Regenbogen Families Adult Education Fund and the Sisterhood of KKBE
To make a donation please CLICK on the
- Thursday, November 27 - Building closed for Thanksgivng.
- Friday, November 28 - Gift Shop open 10 am - 4 pm, Office Closed, Shabbat Evening Service at 8 pm.
- Thursday, December 4 at 7 pm - Adult Education Program "Israel with an Australian Accent" Guest Lecturer: Helen Slucki
- Friday, December 5 - 5:30 pm Family Shabbat Dinner followed by our 7 pm Family Shabbat Service.
- Friday, December 12 - 8 pm Shabbat Evening Service celebrating Jewish Book Month.